Solved

TRENGO vs FRESH

• 12 October 2023
  • 7 replies

Hi peers. I’ve been extensively trialing the only product I found to be suitable for our tiny 2 admin service company - TRENGO and have been impressed. Just before buying what will be for us the biggest investment of this kind I did another search and found FRESH. I can’t spare anbother 2 weeks of my time trialing this as the trengo trial has already disrupted us in a bad way. From what I can see straight away is trengo is double the price however they are on hand on whatsapp to answer anything which is a big thing for a novice user. This support does not seem to exist here - I called UK support and did not go through. Help articles take longer to explore and often the key pieces are much quicker to get to just asking someone who knows.

We can get over this obstacle and learn ofcourse but here comes the second issue: Fresh offering at glance is convoluted, I basically want an omnichat but here I am being thrown about 12 different products at me all with similar name. 

TLDR:
I am reaching out here to hopefully understand if this products suits us:

Tiny 2 person service buisness looking to combine calls, texts, whatsapp and email -

Integrate their existing mobile number by porting over with calls being recorded and available to listen

Being able to make notes on each ticket whether its a call or email and delegate a to do / task for another member that they physically have to tick off as “complete”

Make custom labels. Automate label making i.e all delivery update emails to automatically be labeled as such

Ideally custmizable so this shared to do list is right in your face and if someone mentions you again it comes right up (Trengo have a very nifty “mentions” inbox right on your left bar).

The biggest downside to omnichannel so far is the restrictions whatsapp API imposes - 24 hour response window and templates are a huge downgrade from flexibility of the standard whatsapp our team used. I assume there is nothing Fresh can do different here from Trengo but please correct me or if it is pobbile to use normal whatsapp on Fresh instead of API.

Am I right that Customer Service Suite - Growth will fulfill all of the above?

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Santhosh Kumar 16 October 2023, 14:23

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hello @fitnfix - thanks for writing in to us! I’ve passed on your query to our team and will get back shortly.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi.

Thank you very much for your detailed post.

IMHO, yes, Omnichannel suite should work for you.

I’d suggest to get/contact a local partner who would help you double check this (I’m former user of FreshDesk/Omnichannel now using FreshService mostly).

Freshworks offers support in different ways, including mail (they respond quickly depending on the issue) and also chat, which should help for your quick response needs.

@alyssia.correa is the Community admin, but may also put you in contact with someone from Freshworks from Sales or any other Support representative for you.

Regards,

Userlevel 1

@Santhosh Kumar you might want to look into this thread.

cc @alyssia.correa 

Hello @fitnfix 

We are very grateful for your interest in our Omnichannel CX offering - The Customer service suite. I am going to try and keep this as concise as possible to keep things very clear for you .

We support all the below capabilities that you had mentioned ,

1. Number porting with Twilio - you can bring your current phone numbers into the the Customer Service Suite or you can also use the Bring your own telephony option to bring in your current phone channel.
2. Call recording with opt out and pause recording options.
3. Ticket notes - You can have both Private (internal) and public notes (visible to the requester) added to tickets . You can also have separate call notes for the calls you make/receive.
4. Conversation labels and tags - You can use custom labels to categorize conversations and review them using analytics. You can also have tags on Freshdesk which can help automatically tag tickets using automations.
5. Internal collaboration using tasks and threads -Threads and tasks are appended to the specific conversation to make it easy for agents to track items.
6. The API limitation is from WhatsApp and is common for every vendor who uses the WhatsApp API. We have solutions like WhatsApp campaigns, and templates based on customer journeys which can be a good alternative when you need to launch an outbound messaging campaign on WhatsApp.

When it comes to support, we offer support across channels which include chat and calling apart from email. But as an added advantage we can provide you with a curated implementation program which will be driven by a dedicated product expert from Freshworks. This will make implementation a breeze and take out all guess work ensuring you have a quick time to value. You will also be assigned a dedicated customer success manager so that all your post sales requirements are comprehensively covered through a single point of contact.

We have always been committed to building solutions for the Fortune 5 million and hence we provide our offerings in an unbiased packaging irrespective of the customer's team size but from what I can see on their website, Trengo demands a minimum commitment of 5 users for all their plans. You will definitely have more flexibility with Freshworks on this aspect. 

That being said, all of your requirements (along with a host of other high impact features) can be covered in our Customer service suite Pro plan (with a caller addon) whereas you will need to be on the Enterprise plan on Trengo.

We would be happy to take you through a personalized demonstration of the Customer Service Suite so that you can make an informed decision.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Thank you @eeha0120 for responding here! 

@fitnfix - I hope this helps. If there’s anything further please do let us know and @Santhosh Kumar or I can help.

Hello @fitnfix,

I hope you’re well. This is Tanu- & I lead Account Management for the UK business here at Freshworks!

Could we perhaps hop on a quick catch-up call sometime today so we could discuss this?- Super happy to help you get started!

Regards,

Tanu

Hello @fitnfix,

I hope all is well at your end.

Do let me know when you’d like to get connected to discuss this.

Speak soon,

Tanu