Question

How do I send an email to a 3rd party in the ticket?

• 19 September 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi

I’m new to Freshdesk, so apologies if this is a very basic question.

1. The client raises the ticket. (the requester)
  2. I then need to be able to ask a question (via email) of someone from a 3rd party (that didn’t raise the ticket) to obtain information that will enable me to process the ticket.
  3. Once this information is received back into the ticket, I then need to respond back to the client.

I can see a ‘reply’ button to email within the ticket, but that just emails back to the original requester. If I click ‘forward’ then this emails the entire ticket to whomever I need to contact (I don’t want to share all the ticket info) and then I also seem to lose the ability to reply back to the original requester.

Simply put, how do I email a 3rd party within the ticket to obtain information? I tried a private note but that seems to default to only support desk people.

Thanks
​​​​​​​Mark

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi Mark.

Thanks for bringing this up and sharing your inquiry.

All inquiries help to everybody in the Community.

Your approach is the right one: You should use the Forward option.

When in the Forward form, you can always remove what you don’t need to be shared. You can even delete the whole ticket description or history in that window, and proceed to “forward” that email to that third party.

Once the third party replies back to you, this reply will be flagged as a Private note, and requester won’t see it.

You can always Reply to the original requester, and as previous response is flagged as Private, you will be replying to the previous public inquiry (which should be the last Requester response, or any other Agent response).

In all cases, you can hover on any Requester update and reply based on that specific response.

Please note you can also reply and delete the history in your reply.

By all means, you should never loos the ability to reply to the original requester.

Hope this helps.

Regards,