Solved

Share updateable list via portal

• 25 September 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi,

I have a group of users of the (Freshservice) portal with whom I want to share a specific group of tickets. They want to prioritize these tickets together. A bit like in an Excel sheet. So a list of all tickets where they can add some text to. 

They are member of the same department, so they already can see these tickets, but they want an overview of a subset of all the tickets. 

Is there a way I can achieve this? 

Thank you for all ideas. :)

icon

Best answer by Roxwell 27 September 2023, 12:42

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hello Nina,

I'm addressing your inquiry regarding the ability of certain individuals to update tickets. Here are a couple of scenarios based on whether or not they need this capability:

1. No Update Required:

• If there's no need for them to update tickets, a viable solution could be to schedule regular reports that export the ticket data for them. This way, they can receive the information at a frequency that suits their needs.
  2. Update Required:

• If they need to update tickets, they could either respond to the ticket using the same subject line, or it may be necessary for them to be set up as agents within the system.
    • Depending on your setup, utilizing Business Teams might be a cost-effective alternative, allowing them to interact with the tickets while potentially reducing costs.

I hope this provides a clear direction based on the requirements. Please feel free to share more details or ask any further questions you might have!

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hello Roxwell,

Thank you for replying!

I hadn’t thought about the reports. That is a good idea. 
It’s not exactly what I want to accomplish, but I can work with it. 

What I was thinking about was maybe use an API call to get all the relevant ticket information of the relevant tickets and then post it to an solution article (in some way, maybe a grid/list??). 

The solution article can then be found through the portal. 

Or do you think I’m making things too complicated for myself? :)

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Help me understand, what do you need the “Customer” to do with the tickets and how regularly? 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

The Customer wants a place they can all share (so: a page, a list, a….) where they can prioritize the tickets. That is: deciding which ticket has a higher priority than the next one. 

So: maybe a field where they can put “1st”, “2nd”, “3rd”.. But then also sort the list by this field.

And as a bonus: they would like to export this list to an Excel/csv file.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

So,

If you create a custom field for “Priority” - which is obviously different from your standard ticket priority.

if you set up a report, you should be able to export it as a CSV on a regular schedule, and then they could update the value in the CSV, and send it back to you. 

Updating the Tickets with the CSV could be done via API ingestion. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Oooohhh, yes. That would work!

I hadn’t thought about doing it this way. 

Thank you, Roxwell. I’ll do it like this.