Solved

Limit dropdown choices by company segment

• 22 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +7

Is there a way to hide dropdown choices in a ticket field based on the requestor’s company segment? In our ticket form, we have a Type field that determines which sections are shown. Only our Distributors company segment should be able to select the New license option.

icon

Best answer by aravind.sundararajan 26 October 2023, 21:05

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi.

There’s a feature called Dynamic forms which should help for that:

Creating dynamic sections : Freshdesk

Please note this is available only from Pro/Estate plans.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi.

Just double checking your screenshot, it seems you’re already using them.

Currently, AFAIK, there’s no such filter in FreshDesk. There’s a feature called Business Rules for Forms, valid in FreshService that suits this need, but I haven’t found if a complete analog exists in FreshDesk.

You might try to check with support.

Regards;

Badge +7

Thanks @eeha0120. Support says that this requires portal customization by Freshworks developers. :( I tried editing my portal theme, but according to the developers forum, there doesn’t appear to be a way to edit the new_ticket_form snippet.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello @Kaley White,

It is possible to customize the portal form to show/hide field values based on the user attributes. Though it is not possible to leverage the company segments for this purpose, we can use other user attributes (name, email, company name, custom attributes, etc.) to conditionalize the field values. Here’s a sample code to get you started:

{% if portal.user.company_name == "Acme Inc." %}
jQuery(document).ready(function(){
jQuery('#helpdesk_ticket_ticket_type option[value="Incident"]').remove();
});

{% endif %}
</script>

Cheers!