Question

Closed ticket - Automation

• 13 June 2023
  • 8 replies

Badge

Hello

I would like to send an automated email when a ticket is closed, back to the Requester (Customer) and Bcc the message to another email address. 

Using Automation I could not see a way to do this.  When trying to use Forward, I was unable to enter {{ticket.requester.email}} place holder in the email field.

Is there a way to set something like this up?

Best

Moshe

8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi @Moshe Nitzani 

Is the other email address you want the bcc to go to another agent?

Rob

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Try this. Replace test@test.com with the email address of the person you want to BCC to.

Badge

Hi RobL

Thanks for the suggestion.  The ‘slight’ complication is that the email message sent to the additional address, must also contain the Requester’s email address because the system receiving the Bcc phrases the email Header,  and when it finds a matching record with the Requester’s email address, it will add the copy of the email  to that user account on that platform. 

The platform is an admission system which is great for admissions but for obvious reasons does not have the full functionality of Freshdesk or a CRM system.

Best

Moshe

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi @Moshe Nitzani 

Ah. OK. Understood.

I don’t think emails in automations is going to work for you. Does the admission system have an API? You could use a webhook or create custom app.

Rob

Badge

Hi @RobL 

Yes, it does have an API, so that may be the way to go. 

Many thanks for your responses. Much appreciated 

Moshe

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi @Moshe Nitzani 

We are a Freshworks ISV partner, and I sit on the Freshworks Developer Advisory board, so if you need any help don’t hesitate to let me know. Happy to provide advice on this.

Feel free to email me on rob@opinyin.com

Best

Rob

Hi @Moshe Nitzani 

We are a Freshworks ISV partner, and I sit on the Freshworks Developer Advisory board, so if you need any help don’t hesitate to let me know. Happy to provide advice on this.

Feel free to email me on rob@opinyin.com

Best

Rob

Thanks for the suggestion.

Try this. Replace test@test.com with the email address of the person you want to BCC to.

Thanks for the suggestion.