Question

Issue with not being able to send a reply to ticket

• 12 April 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge

Hi,

Wondering if anyone else has experienced issues with sending a reply to a ticket. Every once in a while Ill put in my reply and then try clicking send and it just does not work. Button looks like it was clicked but no reply is sent. I need to reload the page to be able to send. 

Sometimes I dont notice it was not sent until days later!

Seems to happen more when I am working quickly.

I am also in communication with support but wondered if it happened with anyone else.

Thanks.

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi.

It seems a browser issue.

Try clearing cookies and cache every once in a while.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

As @eeha0120 said, cookies and check your browser is up to date! 

Badge

Same thing happens after clearing everything. Also a different browser, different user, and different computer didnt help anything.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

@chelminen, it sounds like a. permissions issue

• Is it one user or multiple?
  • If it’s multiple, is the the same for all of them? If so what do they have in common
  • Is it just a specific group that’s impacted?
  • Is it a specific ticket, or all tickets, regardless of category, type or group? 
Badge

It is everyone on our account, including myself who has all permissions.

Also after it happens then refreshing the page it starts working on that ticket so I dont think it is permissions.

I suspect it is something to do with the draft saving and then screwing up the send button.

Was just curious if anyone else has run into that issue.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

@chelminen

Thank you for reaching out!

Can you check if you have enabled “Reply to ticket” permission in the assigned to your profile. Also, please make sure you are a member of the group that the ticket belongs to. If you are an observer, you will not have permissions to reply/work on the ticket.