Question

Stop agents from "Closing" a ticket

• 5 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

Hi everyone,

Context

I have been working on a project to get our Facilities department on their own business workspace for digital purchase requests. They have always been on the service desk but we have been splitting the desk into separate workspaces.

I have realised that regardless of whether they are fulfilling or cancelling a service item request, they are closing the ticket.

I have asked them to delete a ticket if it’s cancelled, but they are still closing.

Looking through all of the old data before the workspace change, there was no way to determine which service requests were fulfilled so I could not report on the data.

What I have done

• I have added a “Cancelled” status option set to auto delete the ticket after 48hrs and have asked them to stop closing and use “Resolved” and set this to auto close after 48hrs.
  • I have amended the code on the support portal to hide the “Mark as Closed” button from requesters.
  • I have set a business rule of: If status is closed, validate form on submission “Ticket will be closed automatically by the system. Please use resolved or cancelled status.” as removing the option does not prevent them from pressing “close”.

My issue

My issue is the big “Close” button in the agent portal and the option within bulk actions to “Close” the ticket.

In order for this to work, it needs to be enforced system wide, however if I do this, my supervisor rule does not close off the ticket after 48hrs.

They have advised they will not close the tickets anymore, but I need to be confident that my report data is going to be accurate so I would rather enforce it. I have gone through the closed tickets from the past week and found 6 that should have been deleted but were closed instead.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

There are a few options in this thread: 

Cannot hide the button, but I would upvote this!

Badge +3

There are a few options in this thread: 

Cannot hide the button, but I would upvote this!

Thank you, I have upvoted this. I have already tested what others have mentioned and have the same result of either being able to close tickets or never being able to close them. No inbetween! Hopefully they add this.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

The supervisor rule does close tickets as expected, despite the business rule being active.  Here’s my business rule to block closed:

Business rule to block closed

Supervisor rule to close when resolved (setup in sandbox with 1 hour to close for demo purposes)

Example ticket: