Question

Easy ticket filtering.

• 7 September 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Am I missing something simple here?

With our previous ticketing system, when the tickets were in tabular view, there was an option to enable search bars for almost every column. So for example, in the Subject column, I could enter “2023-08” and tap enter and It would filter the tickets down to those that included this string in the Subject line. Then I could go to the Site column and type in “Portland” and it would filter down the list further. I could literally run a query on the entire ticket queue in a very quick fashion by simply entering strings like this.

I know there is the filtering popout in Freshservice on the right, but there is no “Subject” field. Nor can I easily filter by requester location since there is no location field either. 

I realize I can go create a report each time, but that takes much more time.

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Here is a use case.

I’m in a meeting and someone asks how many “X” type tickets do we have open for the Portland office?

I could do this in 15 seconds previously. Perhaps even before someone realizes that I was doing this on the fly and did not have it prepared.

(note: the subject line example is because we do automate strings in the subject line)

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

not possible currently. Sorting also is not possible by all fields, only a few.

you can vote for those two feature requests:

https://community.freshworks.com/ideas/filter-tickets-using-custom-fields-27961

https://community.freshworks.com/ideas/tickets%2Dview%2Dsorting%2D22128

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi.

Totally agree. Some requests are over there. There's a partial progress in FreshDesk. Hopefully this gets done also in FreshService.

You may search for anything in the search bar, and it will find in anything, you then may choose to show only results in tickets. By default, results are shown by Relevance (which is really not working as expected or the Relevance criteria need a lot of fine tuning), but you can indeed find results.

Currently, you are able to filter by custom fields.

One suggestion would be to add the Location field to the ticket, populate it in a workflow with the location of the requester, and then you will be able to easily perform this filters.

We actually request in the ticket the location where it applies,  because a requester could be from location A, but could be requesting something for location C.

Regards,

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Using a workaround of having an analytics page setup for “Portland” and then if I need “Santa Fe”, I just change that field in the report.